Download Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ for FREE. Click on the Webroot® download link provided after you logon to your account. The entire Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ agent will download onto your PC within seconds.
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ will give you the protection you require while on all secure sites - not just on Online Banking and Online Banking Enterprise™.
What is Webroot® SecureAnywhere™?
In addition to the multiple layers of Online Banking security already available, we also offer all Online Banking and Online Banking Enterprise™ clients a free software program that can protect you from being phished and prevent spyware from stealing your banking login details.
Webroot® is a leading supplier of cloud-based endpoint security solutions. Their products are designed to be fast, effective and user-centric, while providing a high level of protection for your PC and the information you share on the Internet.
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ helps to:
- Blocks phishing and known malicious websites
- Protects cookies and saved web site data
- Detects and prevents man-in-the-middle attacks
- Protects against key loggers
- Protects sensitive clipboard data
- Protects against URL grabbing attacks
- Protects browser components from external attack
- Protects against man-in-the-browser attacks
- Isolates untrusted browser add-ons from data
- Blocks browser process modification attempts
- Blocks suspicious access to browser windows
What is the difference between my antivirus and Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Identity Shield?
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Identity Shield is focused on protecting the details you share with a website; antivirus software is focused on detecting and removing viruses on your PC. Most antivirus products work on the principle of specifically identifying a threat either by its signature or simple behaviour and preventing its damaging effects by removing any malicious software it finds.
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Identity Shield adds a secondary layer of protection and is designed to neutralise hard-to-detect malicious software such as banking Trojans by using a series of generic protection mechanisms, keeping your identity and online activity secure:
- Protects credentials entered into websites from being stolen by malware that has bypassed your antivirus software
- Alerts you if you try to access a phishing website
- Alerts you if malware tries to re-direct you to a malicious website
- Prevents malware from reading or copying the information on a webpage
- Detects existing malware and viruses on your PC, and those trying to install
Webroot® will alert you should it detect malicious software on your PC and it will not remove. It is important to note that you will be required to use an antivirus software package to remove any virus or malicious software from your PC or purchase the full user license for Webroot®
Will Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ affect my use of the Internet?
No. The software is designed to be unobtrusive, letting you know only if a malicious site is identified, by displaying a clear warning message on your screen.
This offer is only available to Microsoft Windows users.
What will it cost?
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ is absolutely free to Online Banking and Online Banking Enterprise™ users.
This software is only to alert you and will not remove any virus or malicious software. You will be required to use / purchase an antivirus software package to remove any virus or malicious software from your PC or purchase the full user license for Webroot®
How to uninstall Prevx SafeOnline™ on my computer
If you need to uninstall Prevx SafeOnline™, you should:
- Click on 'Start' and open the Windows Control Panel
- Select 'Add or Remove Programs' (install or remove programs and Windows components)
- Select Prevx from the list, select 'Change/Remove' to uninstall Prevx SafeOnline™
Is there a user guide on how to use the Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Identity Shield software?
Yes, follow the Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Identity Shield Manual for more information.
You may also want to have a look at the FAQs to help you launch the Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Identity Shield.
Existing Online Banking Terms and Conditions apply.
Data protection - supply of information to the bank
In its continued effort to improve your Online Banking security, the Bank may obtain, from Webroot®, information relating to security threats on your computer which is important in assisting the Bank to monitor and identify such security threats. In downloading and installing the Webroot® software, you authorise Webroot® to disclose the information to the Bank and you consent to the Bank receiving and using the information. The Bank undertakes to keep the collected information confidential.
For more information, you can contact our Online Assistance contact centre on 087 575 0000.