Car Insurance Direct
This is value for money and hassle-free insurance exclusively for FNB clients, backed by Auto & General, one of the largest and most trusted insurance companies in South Africa.
The FNB Classic Insurance and Saver Products give you total peace of mind and confidence in knowing that you are properly insured and that you have made the right decision.
Choose from Car, Home or Personal Insurance with our FNB Classic and FNB Saver Insurance Products and enjoy both low premiums and excellent service.
What can I insure?
- Cars, bakkies, trucks and 4x4s
- Motorbikes, superbikes, scooters and quad bikes
- Boats, watercrafts, yachts, jet-skis and inflatable crafts
- Trailers and caravans
This insurance option covers your vehicle against accidents, fire and theft. It also insures you against claims made by third parties where you are liable for damage to their property.
Third Party, Fire and Theft
This insurance option covers your vehicle if it is stolen or damaged as a result of fire or theft and covers you against third party claims. It does not however cover accident damage to your vehicle.
Third Party Only
This insurance option covers third party claims where you are liable for the cost of accidental damage to another party's property. It does not include cover for your vehicle for accident damage, fire or theft.
What benefits do I get?
- With a fixed excess, you will know exactly how much you will have to pay regardless of the value of your claim. You can choose a lower fixed excess with a higher premium or a higher excess with a lower premium.
- An excess waiver means that the excess on the first claim made after three claim-free years will be waived (you won't need to pay an excess). This option is available to customers who have chosen the lowest excess option.
- Affordable premiums.
- Retrenchment Premium Waiver - if you are retrenched, your insurance premiums will be paid for up to six months.
- Free Road and Home Assistance.
- You'll get 24/7 assistance for any home or roadside emergencies.
- Free Road Protect Membership.
What optional benefits can I add to my policy?
- Car Hire Benefit
- Credit Shortfall Benefit
- Specified (Named) Driver Benefit
- Trauma Benefit
- Keys & Locks Benefit
- Emergency Hotel Expenses Benefit
What will it cost?
As with any form of insurance, there are many factors that impact your risk profile and consequently, your premium. These include: the make and model of your vehicle; the area where you live; where your vehicle is kept at night; the driver of the vehicle; what purpose your vehicle is used for; and your previous claims history.
What do I need to take out FNB Insurance Policy?
- South African green bar-coded ID book
- Valid driver's licence
- FNB bank account
FNB Insurance Brokers, a business unit of First National Bank ("FNB"), a division of FirstRand Bank Limited Registration No. 1929/001225/06. FSP No. 3075.
The FNB Classic and Saver Products are underwritten, issued and administered by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited,an authorised financial services provider (FSP licence number: 16354).