3rd Party Investment Manager
Easily manage accounts online
3PIM is an online system that enables you to invest your clients' money into a number of investment accounts.
What this is
An easy-to-use investment platform
3rd Party Investment Manager (3PIM) is an online system that allows you as an FNB client to independently invest and manage your clients' money into a range of investment accounts.
What 3PIM offers your business
- An online solution to open, manage and close 3rd party accounts on your clients' behalf
- Online access to all accounts through your FNB Online Banking Enterprise™ solution, paired with full functionality to manage your clients' details therein
- A range of investment products are available to choose from based on your clients' requirements
- The benefit of a negotiated call account interest rate, based on the total balances in your portfolio
- The option to charge a management fee for the administration of your clients' funds
- Automated online generation and archiving of statements
- The ability for legal practitioners to issue cash-backed property guarantees in real time at no cost.
Is this for you?
An efficient, convenient system
The 3PIM solution will work for you if
- You manage entrusted money as part of your business
- You need to manage multiple investment accounts on behalf of your clients
- You are a legal practitioner, property manager, estate agent, financial services provider or insolvency practitioner
- You are registered as an accountable institution in terms of the FIC Act
- You require an online solution to manage your clients' money
Online account management in real time
3PIM offers unique benefits
- No additional software or logins are required, as the system is integrated into FNB's existing Online Banking Enterprise™ solution
- It requires no input, or assistance, from an FNB bank representative to implement or use.
- Built in segregation of duties to ensure greater internal security and efficiencies
- Various account types can be opened online, in real time and managed separately
- Funds carry no market risk as capital and quoted returns are fully guaranteed
- Benefit from a negotiated Call Account interest rate, based on the total balances in your portfolio
- Accurate tax reporting to SARS through eFiling
- Ability to make use of multiple 3PIM structures, which is ideal for businesses that have regional offices
Find a suitable solution
Money on Call
The ability to add money at any time. Negotiated interest rates.
48 Hour Cash Accelerator
Earn interest and get access to your money after 2 days' notice.
Access with notice
Access money after 7 days' or 32 days' notice. Interest rates are tiered based on the amount invested.
Cash Intelligence Investment
Tracks the daily performance of a portfolio of money market instruments.
Invest from 7 days to 60 months. Additional deposits are allowed at maturity.
Earn a Shari'ah compliant profit share, with immediate access to your funds, or after 2 days'.
Legal Practitioner benefits
Compliance with the Legal Practitioners Act
As a legal practitioner, 3PIM offers various benefits
- The system offers a structure specifically built to ensure funds always flow through your section 86(2) Trust Accoun
- Option to automatically calculate and sweep net interest from the Legal Practitioner's section 86(2) Trust Account to the Legal Practitioners Fidelity Fund
- Automatic sweeping of 5% of interest earned on all investments opened in terms of section 86(4) of the Legal Practice Act No. 28 of 2014, to the Legal Practitioners Fidelity Fund
- Ability to issue, pay or cancel cash backed property guarantees instantly with no FNB intervention
Cash-backed Property Guarantees
Verify Cash-backed Property Guarantee
- Cash-backed Property Guarantees are issued online at no cost
- Multiple Cash-backed Property Guarantees can be issued against one investment account
- Flexibility to customise your property clauses displayed on the guarantee letter
- Beneficiary alerts for issued, cancelled or expired Cash-backed Property Guarantees
- Beneficiaries are able to independently verify issued Cash-backed Property Guarantees online
Getting it made easy
3rd Party Investment Manager
- Proof of accountability in terms of the FIC Act (e.g.Fidelity Fund or FSB Certificate)
- Business Transactional and FNB Trust Account
- Online Banking Enterprise™
First National Bank - a division of FirstRand Bank Limited. An Authorised Financial Services and Credit Provider 1929/001225/06 (NCRCP20).