Get free roadside assistance with the AA and FNB to keep you on the move.
This service is offered to FNB Gold, Platinum and Encore Cheque Card holders for an additional fee of R5 per month or free on the FNB Petrol Card. This is for FNB Cheque Card and Account holders living and travelling in South Africa only.
In the event of a roadside emergency, we will provide the following services to you, where the cost of the service is already covered as per the Benefit Table below.
- Flat tyre: Have a spare tyre put onto your vehicle.
- Flat battery: Assistance to have your vehicle started where possible.
- Keys locked in vehicle: A locksmith to open your vehicle and retrieve the keys.
- Run out of fuel: We will arrange for 10 litres of fuel to be delivered to you at your vehicle, but the cost of the fuel as well as the delivery will be for your account.
- Tow-in: Where the cause of the problem is a mechanical or electrical breakdown or a motor vehicle accident, we will arrange for your vehicle to be towed to the nearest approved dealer or competent repairer.
- Courtesy transport: Where your vehicle needs to be towed to a repairer, we will arrange for the occupants to be transported to their respective destinations where the breakdown has occurred outside a radius of 100 km from your normal place of residence.
- Hotel accommodation: Where the breakdown has occurred outside a radius of 100 km from your normal place of residence resulting in an overnight delay, we will arrange hotel accommodation for the occupants of the vehicle.
- Car rental: Where the breakdown has occurred outside a radius of 100 km from your normal place of residence resulting in overnight delay, but where the driver would prefer to continue with their journey immediately, we will arrange for a rental car to enable you to reach your destination, subject to qualifying for a rental vehicle in terms of the Car Rental Company's general terms and conditions.
- Transmission of urgent messages: We will relay messages of delay or changed arrangements to a nominated family member or business colleague at the driver's request within 30 minutes of the call.
- Vehicle recovery: Where the problem has occurred outside a radius of 100 km from your normal place of residence requiring that you leave your vehicle for repair, we will arrange for the collection of the vehicle and will return it to your normal place of residence after the repair has been done.
- Storage: Should the driver require it, we will arrange for the safe storage of the vehicle.
- Roadside Assistance Benefit Amount
- Flat tyres Call out fee + 1 hour labour
- Flat battery Call out fee + 1 hour labour
- Keys locked in vehicle
- (R50 excess per call-out) Call out fee + 1 hour labour
- Run out of fuel Supply of fuel but the cost of fuel is for the cardholder's account
- Maximum Tow-in Benefit Payable R750 per incident
- Outside a radius of 100km from house:
- Hotel accommodation or R400 per incident
- Car rental R400 per incident
- Safe storage or R400 per incident
- Repatriation of vehicle R400 per incident
- Maximum Benefit Payable per vehicle per annum R7 500 per annum